These Terms and conditions are a guide only as individual memberships may have some “Special Conditions”. Please refer to your membership form at time of joining.
1. The terms and conditions stated below and those stated within the ‘Special Conditions” section of my membership form make up the agreed terms when I become a member of That Fitness Place (TFP).
2. That Fitness Place reserves the right to change or cancel group classes, hours of operation and all service costs at any time at it’s sole discretion, without prior notice to members, except as laid out in this agreement and for the term of this agreement.
3. All Access (AA) and Ultimate Access (UA) memberships are based on an entitlement to use the facilities at TFP, and not the actual use. Failure to use the facilities does not release the member from their obligations under this agreement.
4. We offer a 14 day cooling off period from date of agreement if you wish to cancel your yearly AA membership for any reason. Admin fee and Access Key fee are not refundable.
5. The minimum AA membership term is shown on your membership form at time of signing. Minimum number of payments is one for 1 month term (in full); Seven for a 3 month term; Twenty six for a 12 month term. Admin and Access Key payments are not counted as part of determining completion of minimum term.
6. UA Memberships have no fixed term and can be cancelled at any time but the notification period and final payment debit terms (15) will still apply.
7. Group Fitness sessions or packs of 10 purchases are non refundable.
8. On commencing AA and UA memberships or buying packs of Group Fitness packs, you will be issued an Access Key used to enter TFP and to electronically record your attendance. The Access Key must be used when you enter the facility with the intent to train.
9. You may temporarily freeze your AA Membership for any reason if your account is up to date. In any 12 month period you may freeze your Membership 2 times for up to 2 months for both periods combined.
10. You must return the Access Key at the end of your membership or a $20 fee will be charged.
11. If you lose you Access Key, there is a $20 replacement fee.
12. After the minimum term is completed, this AA membership Agreement continues as a month-to-month agreement until notification of cancellation is received.
13. Cancellation during the minimum term for a 12 month AA membership requires a notification period (as per 15) and the member has to pay an additional $240 cancellation fee. This additional fee does not apply for a 1 month or 3 month term.
14. Cancellation can be made up to 4 weeks before the minimum term and after completion of the minimum term.
15. NOTIFICATION PERIOD. Two (2) further fortnightly debits follow from the date of written cancellation being received by TFP staff. Cancellation must be in writing. Email or text are sufficient. These debits cannot be suspended but you may contine to use the gym during this time.
16. MEMBERS may not allow anyone else to use their Access Key and must alert the gym immediately if it is lost or stolen. Violating this policy carries the same penalties as violating the guest policy (See 20, 22)
17. MEMBERS who do not have their Access key will not be allowed into the gym during non-staffed hours nor should they expect for anyone else to let them into the gym.
18. All MEMBERS have a complimentary introductory session at the gym and will be shown the gym equipment and how to use it safely and correctly. MEMBERS are hereby required to acquaint themselves with and use the safety features of the equipment.
19. If a MEMBER is unsure how to use a machine, he/she should not use the equipment or seek instructions from That Fitness Place staff.
20. MEMBERS may not bring in guests at any time.
21. Furthermore if this prohibition (19) is violated, at the sole discretion of the gym management, the MEMBER may have his/ her membership suspended or cancelled, the balance of the contract declared due and payable in full immediately and be assessed a penalty of up to $250.
22. I understand the risk of injury from gym activities and using any club equipment is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death.
23. I acknowledge I may be sometimes exercising in an UNSUPERVISED gym facility and I assume all risks associated with using the exercise equipment.
24. I acknowledge exercising alone without the aid and presence of gym staff on the premises.
25. I hereby RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS That Fitness Place, the gym, their respective owners, officers, affiliates, agent and employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers and owners and lessors of the premises, including the (Releases) WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, LOSS OR DAMAGE to persons or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or otherwise which may arise out of or in connection with my use of the equipment or the facilities of the gym or any incident that occurs while using the facilities or engaging in gym activities on or off the premises or otherwise related to my gym membership.
26. I expressly agree that this release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of this state and if a part of this release is held invalid, the balance will remain in full force and effect. This release shall apply to my heirs and assigns and in the case of any minor included in my membership and on whose behalf I hereby sign as a parent/guardian. I understand that the gym is relying on this release in agreeing to enter into this Agreement.
27. Horseplay, vulgar language, abuse of the equipment, working out whilst intoxicated or other inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in suspension or cancellation of the offending MEMBER’S membership, and the balance of the contract being declared due and payable in full immediately.